- Something big is up with the Pope thing. Big, big, big. My spidey senses are on stage 4 alert. I’ve been reading up on the theories behind his ‘retirement’ (WTF? The Pope doesn’t retire.) Conspiracy/end of the world theories abound. I have my own theory – the ‘end of the world‘ relates not to the end of the physical world – although that nut job in North Korea might ruin the spread – but the end of the world domination by the Catholic church. And good fricking riddance. It is one big giant cesspool at the top and the shit is leaking down on the faithful rubes. Any organization – ESPECIALLY ONE THAT CLAIMS RIGHTS TO THE ONE TRUE CHURCH – that harbors pedophiles, bans contraception, doesn’t recognize women as equals and amasses mind-boggling amounts of assets to serve their own evil purposes (which aren’t, by the way, helping the sick/poor/etc.) needs to be dismantled. I surely and absolutely hope that this is the case. I’d even pray for it if I thought for one minute it would make a difference. But it wouldn’t. I just keep doing the good works that I can do in my small sphere of this world and make whatever positive impact I can make. It’s like volunteering in your community – if everyone that could would do a little, no one would have to do a lot.
- Boy Scouts of America won’t lift the ban on gays. Too divisive. Here’s a thought, BSA. Let’s quit worrying about gay people and worry about PEDOPHILES. How about that, huh??? They suck. Again, from the top and the feces just keeps trickling down.
- Ok – I say bring on the sequester budget cuts. BRING IT. Let’s get this over with and quit the nonsensical posturing. Marco Rubio? Not a word comes out of your mouth that isn’t scripted with design on running for office in 2016. Not. One.Word. Someone has their hand up your Hispanic shirt and is running your mouth. Shame on you.
- Gun control? Listen – 99.99% of all of the guns in the US will never, ever be used to kill another person. The pompous asses at the NRA really missed a prime chance to rebrand themselves as an organization that cares about PEOPLE, not just nuts. It’s not about the guns. It’s about responsible gun ownership. LOCK THEM UP. Don’t brag about them and brandish them about (like the neighbor of the guy that shot those people at the mall – he was showing off the gun then the shooter broke into his house shortly after and found it in a closet. Loaded.) Keep them away from crazy people, including your crazy family members. The ACLU will scream bloody murder, but maybe – just maybe – you should have psychological clearance to own guns. And every single gun sale requires a criminal and psychological background check. In every instance of these recent mass killings, there were people who knew something was wrong with the shooter. The freak that killed the bus driver and kept that little boy hostage? I saw interview after interview with people who knew him that said they weren’t surprised – they knew something bad was bound to happen. WTF?? And the first time W@lMart or any other vendor violates the background check law, their ability to peddle weapons of destruction is gone. Finito. Forever. All stores in a chain. Under any name. You’re done. I personally don’t like guns. They’re designed to kill people. I’m not about killing people. But I get the concept of the right to own them. I don’t understand the need or desire to own semiautomatic assault weapons. Seriously, the tired argument about defending ourselves against the government? Really? Do the government conspiracy theorists truly believe that a few guns in the hands of people who really don’t know how to use them in a combat situation is going to prevent large-scale military take over? Get over it.
- I’m sorry for all the people who live on the coasts that have their lives ripped apart by storms like Hurricane Sandy. News flash – there’s going to be more of them. Global warming, regardless of cause, is a reality. If you rebuild, you’ll have to do it again. And again. And again.
- See above for reasons why all nuclear facilities in coastal areas should be shut down immediately.
- The president doesn’t control gas prices, unless his name is Bush. China is going to start controlling gas prices via demand. We’ve done everything we could over the last few generations to turn them into a middle class consumer society. It’s working. Now they want cars. Eventually, all 1.3b of them will have them, and a second junker car for their 16-year-old. We’re screwed.
- Crazy brother of mine? You’re still crazy, so no. I’m not interested in reconnecting. Quit trying to work on our father to intercede for you. I’m rapidly approaching a tipping point where I will be forced to do something. I’m sick of it. Leave me and mine alone.
Sometimes I just have to get this stuff off of my chest. I feel better.